Trailer Time Rental
Policies & Conditions
1. Reservations and Rental Payment Reservations need to be made at least 24 hours prior to the departure date. The deposit must bemade at the time of the reservation. The balance of the rental is due on your 7 days prior to departure date. Rental fee’s can be paid by MasterCard, Visa, American Express and Discover, cash, cashiers check/money order, or personal check. If paying by check, the check must be received 4 weeks prior to departure date. The security deposit can be paid by cash, cashiers check or credit card (credit card must be in renters name). I’m sorry but we cannot accept a check for payment on the day of your departure. Security deposits will be returned within 10 days in the same form it was received. If deposit was paid by cash it will be returned by check because Trailer Time does not carry any cash at the lot. There is a minimum of three days rental per unit.
2. Cancellation Fee All cancellations for whatever reason need to be submitted within 72 hours of your departure date to Trailer Time RV Rental. If the rental is canceled from the time the reservation is made, or up until 72 hours prior to departure date, renter forfeits 50% of the down payment. If the rental is canceled on the departure date, is a no show, or does not pick up the rental within thepick uptimes allowed, there will not be a refund. The security deposit will be refunded the same way it was paid (cash/credit card – 7 business days/check 21 business days). Cancellation insurance is available at a cost of $200.00 per contract and must be purchased at time of the initial reservation. The cancellation insurance allows you to cancel up to 72 hours before departure and only forfeit the $200.00. If the cancellation is made within 72 hrs of the departure date, there will be no refund.
3. Rental Floor Plans Trailer Time Rentals will do it’s best to accommodate you with the floor plan that you have chosen. Trailer Time Rentals reserves the right to substitute vehicles of similar, older, newer, smaller, or larger grade. Should a smaller floor plan be offered, liability will be limited to a refund of the price difference between the unit paid for and model taken.
4. Contract Changes One change is allowed per rental contract at no charge. If the change is done no less that 7 days before the pick up date, Changes would consist of a date or vehicle change. If the change is made within 7 days of departure date there is a $50.00 penalty fee. Rental dates cannot be changed on the day of scheduled pick up. The renter will need to cancel and rebook (cancellation fees may apply). No refunds will be given on days that were originally booked, then shortened. Prevailing rental rates will apply to all rescheduled dates. Rescheduled rental dates must be within the same calendar year. No cancellations will be allowed on rescheduled dates. If the renter cancels rescheduled dates, the renter will forfeit all rental payments and/or deposits.
5. Delivery / Pick Up If you would like Trailer Time Rentals to deliver and pick-up your rental vehicle for you, we provide that service for a charge of $75 within 30 miles of our facility. For areas in excess of 30 miles, please contact a reservations agent for info. Additional fees may apply. Renter must provide a detailed and legible map with full directions before departure date. Delivery site must be free of shrubs, debris, and the delivery site must be wide enough to allow maneuverability for the driver. If you are unsure if the location is suitable for the vehicle being delivered, we can provide a pre-inspection at an additional cost.
6. Preparation Fee Prep fees are as follows: Trailers; $75 Motorhomes (class A and C) $125
Please note: Our rentals do not include bedding , linens, tools or maps.
7. Dump Fee The RV must be dumped in fullbeforereturning Trailer Time Rentals unless previously arranged. The dump fee is $55.00 if the RV is returned full.
8. RV Rental Pick Up & Return Times Your RV rental pick up times are between 2pm – 5pm Monday – Friday and between 10 a.m. and 2 p.m.on Saturdays, based on vehicle readiness. Pleasecall us 48 hours prior to departure to confirm your reservation and your insurance. If you show up without calling first, your vehicle and/or contract may not be ready and there may be a wait. The check out and check in process can take up to 2 hours each – please allow yourself enough time.
We do not offer early pick ups during our peak season (May 1st– September 10th). If your vehicle is ready before 2pm, a rental consultant will contact you and inform you that your vehicle is ready. Return time is between 10am – 11:00 am (Monday – Saturday) unless otherwise arranged in advance. There are No pick up’s or returns on Sunday’s or on major holidays Trailer Time rentals is not open for business. There are absolutely no refunds for early returns. The RV must be returned clean inside and out and the fuel level must be at or above the level at check out. If the RV is not returned clean and/or at fuel level of departure, a $50 per hour cleaning fee (1hr minimum for exterior) will be charged and the fuel will be refilled at a price of $5.25 per gallon or $6.95 per gallon for diesel models. The Renter must pick up & drop off the rental vehicle him or herself. No returns or pick-ups on Sundays or on major U.S. holidays. If renter plans on towing anything or using a bike rack with the RV, the renter must contact the Rental department prior to picking up the RV to make arrangements and have the hitch lock removed. Renter must bring their bike rack when picking up the RV rental, if the renter does not bring their bike rack, the hitch lock will not be removed. 50 free miles will begiven per day when towing. ($.35 per mile thereafter.) If you would like to leave a personal vehicle on our lot while you are on your trip, you are welcome to do so free of charge. Trailer time is not responsible for any damages, loss, and/or theft to your vehicle.
9. Travel Areas Travel is not recommended in the summer months (July & August) in the desert areas (i.e. Death Valley) due to overheating, which may cause tire damage, engine failure and other problems. If a problem occurs, you will be responsible to pay for any damage caused and any loss of revenue while the vehicle is being repaired. If you are traveling to an elevation of 2500 feet or more you may encounter troubles with the operation of the generator. If this occurs, we suggest you hook up to 110 volts to operate the 110
volt appliances. If the generator malfunctions due to elevation, please do not use or try to adjust the generator. No compensation will be made for generator malfunction. During the winter months we do not recommend that you travel to or through snow areas, use snow chains, or travel where the weather is below freezing. Tire chains can damage tires if not properly installed and the holding tanks may freeze and burst. The renter will be responsible to pay for any damages incurred and any loss of revenue until the rental vehicle is operational and can be rented again.
10. On Road/Travel/RV Concerns If you experience mechanical concerns or have equipmentoperation questions please contact Trailer Time Rentals. If the problem persists, or if you have concerns, please do not hesitate to call us. If renter does not call for assistance, we cannot assist you with your concern. Please be sure to bring a cell phone on your trip. Renter must call Trailer Time Rental for assistance with all concerns and mechanical questions. It is the responsibility of the renter to have a cell phone or ameans contacting Trailer Time Rental for assistance. No reimbursement for out of pocket expenses will be paid to renter unless Trailer Time Rentals prior authorization has been given by a manager at Trailer Time Rental. Receipts for repairs should be given to Trailer time Rental on return. If renter is at fault for any damage, or mechanical failure, renter will be responsible for the entire contract and any loss of future rental income to Trailer Time rentals caused by the renter. If the RV breaks down and breakdown was not caused by renter, and renter is unable to continue on their trip or sleep in the RV, Trailer time Rental’s responsibility is to only credit the renter for any nights (nightly rate paid on rental contract) RV was not used. Renter is responsible for checking the engine oil, fluids, and coolant levels at each refueling. Renter may be held responsible for mechanical damage due to negligence in vehicle operation or failure to provide normal maintenance. Renter is responsible to change the engine oil for every 5,000 miles that they travel. Renter must provide Trailer Time Rental with the oil change receipts upon their return if they traveled 5,000 miles are more, if renter did not have the engine oil changed, the renter will be charged accordingly to have the oil change done on the vehicle. Please note: We recommend that you bring a tool kit with you. We suggest a flash light, a 12 volt test light, tape, fuses, cell phone, and a cooler. You may also want to keep fresh water on hand for drinking. These things may come in handy. Please travel prepared.
11. Mileage 100 FREE MILES per day and $ .25 per mile thereafter.
12. Smoking Policy There is a No Smoking policy in all of the RVs. If your rental is returned with any kind of smoking odor, additional charges may apply to your rental. Costs may vary up to $500.00.
13. RV Rental Damage If the RV is returned with damage, the renter is responsible to pay all damage costs whether the renter was at fault or not. If an accident occurs, the renter is responsible for obtaining a police report, contacting their insurance company, and contacting a rental agent at Trailer Time Rental. Renter(s) whose names appear on contract are the only authorized drivers to drive the RV. If renter wishes to have 1 additional driver, renter must contact Trailer Time Rental for approval prior to picking up. If approved, additional driver must obtain an insurance endorsement from their insurance company and provide it to Trailer Time rentals. All Trailer Time Rental policies and conditions apply to the additional driver. Renter is responsible to pay a $25.00 fee for 1 additional authorized driver per contract (1 additional driver max can be added beside the primary renter). The additional driver needs to pay the specified security deposit in addition to the primary renter’s security deposit. The renter (Name on reservation) is responsible for all rental costs and any and all damages. If an RV is returned or picked up with damage, renter is responsible to pay for damages and to seek reimbursement from their insurance company. A 1000.00 damage deposit will be immediately held until the repairs can be completed. If damage amounts are substantial and above the damage deposit then an Insurance claim must be submitted, renter is responsible for any and all damages, loss of revenue, or additional expenses not covered by insurance. Check in time may take up 2 hours for damage estimating, please allow yourself enough time. Trailer Time rentals will estimate the damage and expedite the repairs.
14. Insurance for Motor homes Renters must obtain an insurance binder from their insurance company. If your auto insurance company does not cover you, please contact a rental agent to obtain insurance. It is the renter’s responsibility to contact their insurance company for a binder and to give the insurance company the information on the vehicle they are renting. Renter must call Trailer Time Rental at least 48 hours BEFORE their scheduled departure to acknowledge receipt of the binder. Trailer Time Rental will not contact renter’s insurance company. NO EXCEPTIONS!!!. No refunds will be given if the renter’s insurance company does not provide coverage and renter wishes to cancel.
15. Convenience Items The A/C, TV/VCR/DVD, Coffee Maker, Generator, Awning, Cruise Control, Radio, Microwave, back up cameras, jacks, etc., if any, are considered convenience items. If any malfunctions should occur during your rental, unfortunately, no compensation will be made to the renter. If you need assistance, please contact Trailer Time Rental at (951)566-7601
16. Tires In the event of a tire failure, the renter is responsible for replacing the tire (at their expense) with the same type of tire. Please bring the receipt to Trailer Time Rental. DO NOT attempt to change a tire yourself for your own safety!
17. Dry Camping is not advised. When the renter is “Dry Camping” (not connected to an external power source), problems will most likely arise due to a low battery or battery failure. It may help to start your engine and let it run for a minimum of 15 to 20 minutes several times a day or until the battery is charged. The battery will continue to become low until the RV is connected to an external power source. Trailer Time Rental is not responsible for the battery being low or any appliance or vehicle malfunctions due to dry camping, NO reimbursements will be given for “Dry Camping Malfunctions”.
18. Early Returns / Extending Rental Dates The renter is responsible for looking over the rental contract to ensure that all rental costs and/or rental dates are correct before their departure. If renter wishes to extend their rental dates, the renter must call Trailer Time Rental
as soon as possible for approval. There are NO refunds for early returns. If renter does not return on their scheduled return date and renter has not called Trailer Time Rental for approval to extend, the renter will be charged additional rental day (s) at twice the daily rental fee.
19. Parking/Traffic Violations: Renter is responsible for reporting and payment of all parking/traffic violations at rental return. Non- reporting of parking/traffic violations breaches the Rental Contract and may result in administrative charges in addition to the fines.
20. Generator Renter will receive 5 hrs free per day on generator usage. $3.00 per hour thereafter.
21. Pet Policy Pets are allowed in our rentals. We charge a mandatory $200.00 deposit per pet. There is an $80 non-refundable pet fee per pet. If your rental is returned with damage, stains or excessive hair due to pets, additional charges may apply for your rental up to $500.00.